Carbon Monoxide Alarm Bill Advances

HARRISBURG – The state House Consumer Affairs Committee approved a bill which requires multi-family dwellings with a fossil fuel-burning heater or appliance, fireplace or an attached garage to be equipped with an operational, centrally located, and approved carbon monoxide alarm. House Bill 968 also requires the seller of a home to disclose if the dwelling has a carbon monoxide alarm on the seller’s disclosure form. The measure now goes to the full House for a vote.

Comments are closed.