Skip to Content
ON AIR NOW4:00 PM - 6:00 PMJUBILEE
listen live
Home

Dangerous Carbon Monoxide Leak Found In York Home

/ WDAC

YORK (AP) – Emergency crews arriving early Wednesday at a home on the 700 block of S. Pershing Avenue in York for a report of an unresponsive resident found three people unconscious and an extremely dangerous carbon monoxide leak. York City Fire Chief David Michaels says two others inside were alert, but all were taken to hospitals for treatment. They are expected to survive. Two dogs were also treated. Michaels said it appears people in the home thought the carbon monoxide detector was malfunctioning when it went off and took out the batteries. A blocked vent in the furnace likely caused the leak.

Comments are closed.

Latest

More