Skip to Content
ON AIR NOW7:05 PM - 7:45 PMEVENING JUBILEE
Home

Carbon Monoxide Sickens Residents At Harrisburg Duplex

/ WDAC

HARRISBURG (AP) – Multiple people were hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure in Harrisburg. Firefighters responded to a duplex on the 1800 block of N. 18th Street around 6:35 a.m. Saturday after residents reported illnesses consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning. Units found one half of the duplex had a carbon monoxide level of 300 parts per million, and the other half had a level at 1,800 parts per million. Sustained carbon monoxide levels above 200 parts per million can be fatal. Seven residents were hospitalized for treatment and are expected to recover. The leak came from a malfunctioning heating system. Neither side of the duplex had a carbon monoxide detector.

Latest

More